Saturday, May 13, 2006

Three Cheers For Jim Martell


This bear should not be confused with the polar bear I “shot” with my camera at the Indianapolis Zoo (see below). This bear is a polar bear/grizzly bear hybrid. From what I understand, the hybrids have been suspected to exist in the wild for some time. Now it’s a fact! Idahoan, big-game hunter Jim Martell paid $45,000 U.S. for a license to kill a polar bear on Banks Island, Northwest Territory, Canada, and this is what he got. Wow, Jim, you’re my hero!


Read all about it: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/05/11/canada.hybrid.ap/index.html


Technorati tags: Animal Rights, Grizzly Bears, Hunting, Polar Bears

2 comments:

Dale said...

Your link doesn't seem to be working at present. Here's one to the CBC story: Pizzly Grolar Bear

Curator said...

Dale, thanks for letting me know about that link. I think I have the problem solved now.